than make resolutions I have compiled a list of things to I want to try
and try not to do in 2012. They are a mixture of the superficial and
frivolous, with the potential life changers. I am not so naive to think I
will achieve everything that I want to, but I am at least going to give
it a hearty shot.
- Thou shalt endeavor to see all those people I always promise to catch up with and never seem to find the time to see.
- Thou shalt get a better work/life balance.
- Thou shalt try and stop working by midnight – I’m sure glaring at my
laptop into the small hours has contributed to years of Insomnia.
- Thou shalt learn how to spell rythym…. rhythm. Probably quite important as a music journalist.
- Thou shalt go and say hello to people first rather than put my head down and change direction, fearing that awkward greeting.
- Thou shalt try and gauge the appropriate greeting more successfully –
there have been too many accidental snogs and head crushing hugs this
- Thou shalt not repeatedly forgive the silly buggers that don’t deserve to be given more and more chances.
- Thou shall spend more time with girls.. I spend so much time with
boys I might as well be growing a pair…. plus I’m not sure always
being with a group of lads helps the love life potential.
- Thou shalt try and make it to New York. It has been my wish for over
two decades and as a fashion/music journalist it is surely an essential
city to visit. If any NY inhabitants are reading and have a spare room
please do get in touch!
- Thou shalt learn not to worry so much about what people think.
- Thou shalt be content with the fact that you can’t please everyone all the time.
- Thou shalt try and make it Coachella Festival. Imagine, a festival in the sun.. with palm trees!
- Thou shalt not read YouTube comments.
- Thou shalt not get annoyed at the volume of my Dads sneezes.
- Thou shalt get closer to the dream of buying a flat.
- Thou shalt not squeeze my spots or pick at dry skin – Mum you should
follow the second, particularly when we are watching TV, it is most
- Thou shalt not be so self critical.
- Thou shalt get my hair trimmed regularly.
- Thou shalt not be a hermit.
- Thou shalt try and eat less and slower. I’m sure wolfing in the manner that I do is not an appealing sight. Below is a good example
- Thou shalt shave my legs more regularly.
- Thou shalt try to draw again.
- Thou shalt be the best friend I can be.
- Thou shalt get myself well.
- Thou shall dance with complete and embarrassing abandon, on a regular basis.
- Thou shalt say yes to going on dates with men.
- Thou shalt be more smiley, but not in a creepy way.
- Thou shalt try to finally get to Australia… to see friends who moved there 10 years ago!!
- Thou shalt try and wearing matching socks at least once, preferably without holes.
- Thou shalt brush my hair more regularly so no one sees it fit to call me Bob Marley this year.
Bob Marley Hair circa Boardmasters Festival
- Thou shalt remember to bring my Odeon card to the cinema.
- Thou shalt not let people take advantage so much.
- Thou shalt start flossing.
- Thou shalt be one tough cookie.. while trying to maintain a soft centre.
- Thou shalt regularly visit the gym I have just joined. I have not been a member of a gym in 6 years… this one should be interesting!
That is all…. for now